Buenos Aires.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 3rd 2011
Published: January 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We're just about to leave Buenos Aires and head off to 'the end of the world' - so thought we'd better update now!

The hostel was full of Aussie brutes who never see daylight. So it's just been me and thee the last few days.

We've been waking up at 6.30 most days, a time which no Argentinian seems to have ever seen! We arrived at La Boca and were told not to walk further than the multicolored houses - great start. We then had to bribe the bus driver to let us on the bus as we had no change for a ticket back! Gangster. Once back in the centre we watched a protest, demanding information about missing children during the dictatorship. It has been going on every Thursday for 30 years - the whole centre gets closed off and the traffic rerouted.

NYE was interesting. We tried to talk to people yet found ourselves sat on our own avoiding peoples eye contact. Joe got hit on by a gay German, asked for some coke by a gay Dutchman, whereas I dunked an Aussie fuck wit with a beer after drenching me. Left the hostel party to watch fireworks on the balcony and were in bed by 1am. Tidy.

We woke at 8 - everyone else had only just dragged themselves back to the hostel! Felt like fogies. We wandered out - no joke it was like 28 days later. We were THE ONLY people out in the city centre, surrounded by hundreds of bottles and dozens of hobos face down in the road. Later that afternoon the widest road in the world got closed off for a dakar rally. The argie LOVE closing anything and everything - lazy buggers.

In San Telmo we went to the most amazing market, full of antiques, junk and hippy shit. It goes on for blocks and blocks. I wanted everything, all Joe wanted was old soda bottles. He also managed to be approached by a hobo with a Christmas wreath around his neck and sick down his front asking about Rooney - Joe promptly high fives him. I made him sanitize his hands more than twice.

One more day here in the capital, going to the posh area, I just can't cope with the smell of around here any longer!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb