No Bueno


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 31st 2010
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Still here!


We didn't make the standby flight so we are still here. Maybe a New Year's in BA or hopefully in the air, on a flight. We shall see. We did top the late dinner last night at 2 pm. Amazing how restaurants are still serving that late. We passed by a club on the way home and it was hopping. And so was some other club music we got to here in the hotel room to try and sleep.

Bus Tour


Trying to keep our sweat down to a minimum, we decided to take a city bus tour. It was open air but today it did seem cooler than previously. i kept thinking "cool" thoughts anyways. We headed round the city with an audio guide that was off cue most of the time but informative. We did get to La Boca, a neighborhood thought to be where the tango started. It is a vibrant, colorful neighborhood and also houses the football stadium. Of course it is also a tourist trap and we took part in the tango pictures.

Deja Vu


Back at the airport for a 2 hr wait in line to tell the people we were "here." It is fun to talk to people in line sometimes though, see what they are doing in the country. This time we did get the golden ticket to head through customs. Thinking we were headed to DFW was a relief, until..."We have 1 seat for the 2 of you. Do you want to go?" Well if we can share the seat then sure. So that was really was disappointing and the crazy lady at the counter said she was putting us on the list for the Miami flight leaving in the next hour but I wasn't quite sure I believed her.

Feliz Ano Nuevo 2011


I guess she wasn't as crazed as I thought since we made it on the Miami flight and spent the New Year with champagne in business class once again, on our way back to the good old USA. Yay! Adios, Buenos Aires. It was fun!!

Advertisement



4th January 2011

Sharing photos of Buenos Aires
Hi JLo I hope you had fun in Buenos Aires. Let me invite you to my blog http://detallesdebuenosaires.blogspot.com we I have posted some photos of this wonderful city. Regards, Andres

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb