A Lazy Buenos Aires Day


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 29th 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

CappuccinoCappuccinoCappuccino

Had white chocolate floating on top!

The Beef Coma


After eating about 4 lbs of beef last night I think we were in a beef induced coma. Got a late start and just decided to wander around the city, do some shopping, and just take in the atmosphere. We headed back out to my favorite street, Florida, to get in some more shopping. The street is just lined with shops and people selling stuff on the street itself. We stopped in for some coffee at Havanna, a coffee shop that seems to be like our starbucks. A couple of starbucks were spotted but not many. Subway was also seen, and Burger King had the quadruple burger.

The Protest


We did see a protest from the hotel window, not sure what they were protesting but there sure were quite a few marchers. Yesterday Cecelia told us that there are usually quite a few protests and the police do not usually interfere unless it gets bad. These people were just marching down the street with loud drums and signs.

Italian Dinners


Using the lovely guide book from the Round Rock library (shout out to Manda), we headed to Filo, for dinner. It had a funky vibe and was enjoyable. We shared a huge ham and cheese calzone then walking back down the roads had some great gelato. The Italian influence is big here too and the Italian food is terrific.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

GelatoGelato
Gelato

Limon y raspberry


31st December 2010

traveling to BA
I haven't made it to BA yet but enjoyed your photos. Sounds like you had fun.

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb