Quiet day, loud night


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
April 26th 2010
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

A pretty quiet day in all. Vikki, Vijay, Amanda and I go in search of our tickets to Uruguay. We get to the ferry port and Vikki and I have our passports so we can buy our tickets there and then but Amanda and Vijay have to come back the next morning. Eek.

That night we were off to the last Bomba de Tiempo - an awesome percussion show.

In the evening, Vikki and I asked at her hostel how to go about getting tickets and the guy was like “you better get down there now, it's the last one so they'll sell out really quickly.” OK so we'll just go get Vijay and make a move (just as soon as I get changed.)

Where IS Vijay?! Whilst I've gone to change, Vikki and been looking everywhere for him. He'd said he was going for a nap but wasn't in his room. Or the kitchen or the common areas.

So we leave a note on his door with Vikki's number and jump into a taxi to go buy everyone's tickets including Sarah who is also frantically trying to get there.

The traffic was a bit mad but on the way, Vijay called and was about to make his way there. Phew!

We got out of the taxi to face a very, very long queue of people and being British, decided to get in it. But what was the queue actually for? To buy tickets or to get in? We eventually discovered that it was to get in so we went and bought the tickets and rejoined the line after. Which then started moving. Vikki and I get to the front but no sign or Sarah or Vijay so we go back to the end. Then back to the front again and still no sign. So we wait, and Sarah gets there. And soon after, Sarah arrives and then Vijay and we all just casually walk in. (And! The tickets weren't even sold out.)

Somehow, we managed to get to the front. We had a pretty good view. The drums start and so does the dancing. The first conductor was brilliant and he later swapped to beat the drums. All of the conductors got the audience involved and all the performers on stage looked like they were having a great time too which made watching them amazing.

They then bring out three 'singers' one of whom I was convinced was a little insane and slightly tone deaf.

They made weird sounds like animals and screeches and on occasion, sang. Sometimes they left the crazy lady making the sounds whilst the two carried on singing which sounded really cool.

By the last song, everyone in the audience was going crazy, dancing, up on shoulders, clapping along, jumping. Really glad we went and caught the last one (just for a while - think they're going on tour for a bit.) So much fun!

Went back to the hostel with Sarah and abused the free internet for but before chatting to two really cool Dutch guys for ages who seemed to be mildly impressed with my limited Dutch. Wish I'd stayed in touch with them...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.5kb