An evening well spent watching Boca Juniors


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
April 24th 2010
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

“Sacale una foto” they cheer as Boca Juniors score their first goal. Awesome.

Tonight, I went to Boca Juniors at home with the lovely Vikki and Vijay. Their hostel had arranged for a bus to take and people to look after us whilst there.

We got there early and were taken into someone's back yard where there was a bbq, tied up dogs and feral children hitting the gringos when they refused to give them money.

After about 20 mins here, they march us down the road, through 2 security points, to the stadium. Women and men separate.

There were no seats in our section so we sat down on what we thought was a prime step.

Until the devil's family showed up. A mother and father with three young sons and older daughter with her boyfriend and brand new newborn baby. Why would you take a newborn to a rowdy football match!? The daughter sat next to us and the parents behind us to the whole match, the baby was passed back and forth over our heads and dad kept digging his feet into Vikki's back. Argh.

At first we thought the atmosphere was pretty dull and the match was boring until we figured out that it was the pre-match. D'oh.

As soon as the teams ran out, the atmosphere kicked in! It was incredible. The game began and there was singing, chanting, dancing, jumping. Everything expected from a Boca match and more.

Goooooooooooooooooooooalll! 1-0 Boca Juniors! First goal and the crowd went wild! It felt like the stadium was vibrating and everyone jumped from left to right. We really felt a part of it. “Mira mira mira, sacale una foto”.

The atmosphere was now intense. Everyone was buzzing and Boca were playing well.

2-0. “Ale Ale Boca”. Amazing. And the dancing starts again.

As the game comes to a head, the shouting gets louder, the chants get better and dancing more energetic. Almost done. Boca Juniors win and party continues all the way out of the stadium.

Easily one of the best games of football, I've ever been to.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 100; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb