Leaving Lima for Iguazu and Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sorry it's been a while since my last Machu Picchu blog but there are a few reasons this is the case. One Lima doesn't have a whole lot going for it, other than if you want to go out every night of the week you can, we tried!
However on our last evening there a few of us went along to one of their parks which is full of water fountains and they put on a light show. It is only on a few days a week but well worth the £1 entry. We were amazed at how extravagant this was, especially as it was in South America!
James and i then had to leave as we were flying from Lima to Iguazu that night. So we left Will who we had been traveling with for a month to fend for himself, as well as our friends Amy and Rebbecca who had caught up with us for a couple of days in Lima.

Onto Iguazu which boarders 3 countries (Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina), we took things pretty easy here as our bodies had been destroyed by Lima's social scene. We went to the falls on our second day which was incredible with 1750m3 of water passing through every second! The highest point is "devils throat" at 82m, this is the main bit that is in all the pictures and it is impossible to stay dry as the spray coming back up from the water crashing below was immense.
We decided to do a boat trip to get down and see the falls from another perspective, it turns out this perspective was from directly below some of the falls. As you can imagine we got wet, soaking in fact. We thought something might be a foot when they gave us dry bags to put our things into.
That evening my first cold in over 2 years set in, whether it was due to being dunked under several water falls or Lima I'll never know but it was time to pop some vitamin tablets, eat fruit and get ready for one last harah in Buenos Aires before the dream is over.
I met up with a friend in BA and they showed me around the city and to places i didn't go first time around.
I'm feeling a lot more confident around BA this time around, i'm getting to know it a lot better and also feel more confident that i wont get mugged. First time around it all seemed a bit wild but now i just love the city.
After a night out, a night in that was supposed to be a night out and an evening at what has to be the best steak / meat restaurant in the world! it was time for us to leave BA, leave Argentina and return home.
It has been an amazingly unforgetable 21 months, meeting some friends that i will have for life, seeing some of the best sites the world has to offer and spending a year working with 3 great friends, having more fun than most do at a party!

For now this is the end of my travels, my blogs and my aweful attempts at spanish!

Look forward to seeing you all soon xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



24th May 2010

Thanks
It was just great having your Travel Blogs Tom i enjoyed every one of them its a shame they have to end. Thank you very much Stuart.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb