Buenos Aires - Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 2nd 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires - meat city!

After battling through a mini tornado to get to Auckland airport, we bid farewell to our action packed vacation in NZ and made our way to Buenos Aires - a city that has sweet pastries, chocolates and cakes for breakfast, all you can eat meat (steak!) for lunch and more of the same for dinner.....this was our kind of town!! so with our appetites ready, we attacked the city (and its numerous parillas) with unbridled gusto and managed to see/learn a few interesting things along the way.• City highlights: 5 hour bicycle tour through downtown BA that saw jean do a fantastic stack; partying in palermo until the wee hours of the morning; attempting to learn tango with the locals, from who was reputed to be robert duvall´s tango instructor (very exciting!).• Accommodation: 3.5/5 - lived like a local and experienced incredible hospitality from our host. the only drawback was that we had to SHARE a bathroom.• Food: Not so good if you´re a vegetarian. The best ever steak restaurant in the world exists in palermo with steak portions the size of a very very big head. empanadas were a surpringly tasty snack....and every time is a good time for sweets and cakes!!• Misc: women outnumber men 7:1 in buenos aires!! paul was excited (deeming himself ´hot property´). the city starts to come alive at midnight which was difficult for us to initially get used to. hospitality was amazing from the locals including an extremely kind clown who gave paul change on the bus.




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb