Colonia - Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » West » Colonia del Sacramento
August 3rd 2008
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Colonia: coastal city of clowns and golf carts

You may ask why and we asked each other exactly the same thing. for a small sleepy town on the coast of uruguay, there are a lot of clowns milling about and lazy tourists zipping around in buggies. It has been bitterly cold over the past 2 days but we were able to layer almost everything we brought along with us to stay warm. The sun made an appearance for a few hours today for us to discover that the city itself is very pretty; lined with cobblestone streets, historic buildings, cafes and stray dogs.• City highlights: Climb to the top of the lighthouse for gorgeous views over the river; browsing the antique shops and galleries; lovely dinner at a cosy parilla complete with live jazz entertainer.• Accommodation: 2.5/5 - we´re staying in a HOSTEL!! but we have our own bathroom and cable tv. shower did come with a broom in it....yes we are wondering why too...• Food: Once again, it´s all about grilled meat (best blood sausage so far! ew some of you may say but we like it!)....and also about the cheese. how much cheese you can have cover your entire plate for every course actually....the cheese wins in the end.• Misc: we´re quite serious about the clowns; there are a lot in the town. jean has also delighted in spotting other ¨token¨asians - something she missed in BA. We´re relishing the fact that we can sleep in until 1pm most days and not miss much....are you jealous yet??


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



4th August 2008

I just saw your photos of Colonia - ah, so when you said "clowns" you really meant clowns!!!!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb