planning dates that may never happen


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 2nd 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I think I should write a book for guys about good dates. Cheap dates. I don't even know how Jill and I got on that topic, but we decided since I was going to be around, wandering through Palermo and going paddleboating was in order. I had told her that my idea of a perfect date would be to go for a stroll around lake merrit, have dinner at one of the restaurants on grand (or actually, a picnic in the park) and then sit there and watch the sky fade into darkness and the twinkling city lights reflecting over the water with the stars above. Easy, cheap, quality time. We then talked about other things that would make good dates. Dates that I am never going to go on, and dates that are creative and not just dinner and a movie.

As we headed to Palermo and went paddle boating, we talked about a lot of things. The time passed by so quickly, we didn't even realize that we were on the water for about 2 hours. It was fun and all we could think was "This would be incredibly romantic." Sometimes it's nice to be wine and dined. But mostly, I think random things like paddle boating and picnics might be the best. But... that's just me.

We headed around town and wandered through Palermo... through some of the parks. We were almost going to go to the planetarium, but the weather was not good for telescoping, so we decided to head back. We had a fun evening planned, of food and dancing. We headed out to Museum, this HUGE club. The music was great and it felt like we were back in California.

All in all, it was a great day, with a very interesting evening (story not to be made public!) of wandering through the streets late at night and proving that you can find the dearest friends in strangers.

The problem with the dates Jill and I planned? They are much more creative and harder than taking a girl out to dinner and a movie. However, the person who is willing to be creative enough will be the person who is well worth it. Its the thought that counts.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb