Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
November 22nd 2007
Published: November 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Two updates in one day!

So, Buenos Aires is pretty much everything we had heard and more. We stayed in a very nice neighbourhood, Recoleta, which is close to the center of the city. It was undoubtedly the biggest city either of us had ever been in with a population of around fourteen million. The central area doesn´t feel overwhelmingly large but driving into the city took a very long time.

The hostel was stayed in had a really good location. It was close to the expensive shopping district and the cemetario de recoleta, one of the coolest things we saw while in the city. The cemetary reminded us of pictures we have seen from ones in New Orleans with these amazingly ornate masoleums housings not just individuals but whole families. While we were there we visiting Evita´s grave, which had tons of flowers around it and tons of sightseers and saw the beginnings of an elaborate funeral. Another highlight for us was our visit to the MALBA museum, which focuses on Latin American art. There we some beautiful paintings by people like Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. It was nice to see.

The highlight of the visit however, was this a.maz.ing meal that we had. We went out to a steak house called La Cabrera because it had been recommended as THE place to go for the best steak. We had some pretty high expectation since the steak in general here is perfect, but it totally lived up to it´s reputation. We got there late, since Argentians are all about the 10:00 and later dinner hour and had to wait in line because it was so popular. However, this line waiting was not such a bad thing, as the hostess came and served us all champange while we waited! When we got to eating, it was hands down the best steak I have ever had. The presentation was so good too since the steak came with fourteen condiment dishes! The condiments ranged from olive tapanade to roast garlic. A meal we will seriously remember for the rest of our lives.

Buenos Aires is a city we were both a bit sad to leave. It is definately on our list of recommended places to travel to. Gorgeous, cosmopolitan and exciting. But it was not too bad since we left Buenos Aires to head to Rosario in Argentina and then Uruguay! We´ll update about these places soon!

Chloe and Jordan


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

TreeTree
Tree

These are alllllll over the city


Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb