Street Fair


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 17th 2007
Published: February 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tango!Tango!Tango!

Street performers tango-ing all dressed up outside in the 85 degree weather. Talk about being committed!
I'm a little slow on getting this thing updated, seeing as this event happended last Sunday and today is Saturday, but I wanted to share a few images with you. On Sunday a couple friends and myself took the subte towards downtown to a neighborhood called San Telmo. Every Sunday they shut down this one street and there is a massive street fair that has to spread at least 10 blocks. There are people selling all sorts of things: from freshly squeezed orange juice, to special cups for drinking Mate (pronounced mah-tay), to shoes... the list is endless. Also, there are a number of street performers doing things like Tango, playing guitar, being weird statuesque things, contorting their bodies. Needless to say it is a very fun and amusing time.

Here are the pictures, I hope you enjoy them.

Until next time, chau!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

something you don't see everydaysomething you don't see everyday
something you don't see everyday

Here's a guy doing the Tango with his dog. He was doing this in front of a band that was playing with 4 accordions, a large bass, and a piano. (unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them before they went on break, I was too distracted with the dog)
AwkwardAwkward
Awkward

Here we have a very sad mime on stilts... I don't really know what his appeal was.
ContortionistContortionist
Contortionist

This guy was probably the most bizarre thing we saw all day. We called him the \"yoga master.\" He had his little mat and would slowly and dramatically twist himself into all sorts of shapes and positions (one time he was laying on his stomach with his feet up by his head and he was holding his ankles and moving around!
Puppets!Puppets!
Puppets!

This guy was an absolutely amazing puppeteer. His show was about his drunkard puppet and the ups and downs of his life. It was very amuzing. Also, he was dressed exactly like his puppet, which was a nice touch.


18th February 2007

we can not wait for the drew tour when we get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love George M Gallaugher

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb