3 Mar 2017 – at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
March 4th 2017
Published: March 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We awoke this morning in the Atlantic sailing northeast along the South American coast toward Rio. Today and tomorrow we will be at sea and frankly we enjoyed having a restful period after 3 busy days in Buenos Aires. We had fun in BA but it was a bit tiring too. It was cloudy on and off all day, and the temperature probably didn’t get above the mid 80s. After yesterday’s heat it seemed refreshingly cool.



We began by sleeping in and then going up to the buffet for breakfast. Since this is a Friday, we needed to hunt around for something without meat. Then Janet went to do needlework with her new group of Knitters and Knatters. David went for a walk around the ship and then settled down to read for the rest of the morning. Since we didn’t do very much and spent much of the day in our new cabin, we will include some “old cabin” and “new cabin” pictures today.



After a nice quiet morning we had lunch in the Horizon Court where we had quite a surprise. While looking for dessert after lunch, we bumped into an old traveling companion from our cruise from Rome back in 2010. Rich is a longtime friend of our brother-in-law (Jim Siebert). Jim had not mentioned to either of us that we were both traveling on the same cruise. Jim is probably having a good laugh about now, but we will have the rest of the cruise to figure out a trick to play on Jim someday.



We went to the Internet Center to catch up on some business matters back home and to download a book which had been partially read but was retrieved by the library. David went to the pool for an hour this afternoon and got a little sun, but mostly we rested around the cabin watching a movie while Janet was doing needlework. It doesn’t sound very exciting but we needed a day off from the festivities of the vacation.



Tonight was the first of the Formal Night dinners. Beforehand we had a little wine in the cabin. FYI: in the old cabin we had to drink our wine from water glasses but in this one they brought us two wine glasses. We were dressed in our “pretty clothes” and had another good (although meatless) dinner. Janet had Shrimp Danielle and David had Barramundi. For dessert we each had Bananas Foster.



We went to the theater this evening to see the show. Apparently at last night’s show the Cruise Director made his comments and pointed out that only about 1200 passengers were from the US. The other 60% were from all around the world – most heavily represented by South American countries but many people from Australia, Japan, Russia, UK, and India. The show this evening was a “fiddler” names Sarah Carter. She had been a soloist for the Lord of the Dance and she played very well but also was quite funny too. It was a very entertaining show.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb