Thank goodness - a rest day!


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
October 2nd 2011
Published: October 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thank goodness - a rest day!

Today is exactly what cruising is all about.  A perfect blue sky, bright sunshine all day long, a constant sea breeze to keep you cool and two pools of different temperature water so you can choose to wallow in warmth or thrill to the chill!  Guess what, we wallowed in warmth and then got even hotter in one of the lovely bubbly jacuzzis.

At lunch, we learnt of a little known oasis of cool calm ... and the best view on board.  At the front of the ship, right on our own deck, is a lounge with recliners with the fattest mattresses we've ever seen.  There's nothing to spoil your view of the looming Mediterranean moving underneath us.  The only thing that spoiled the serenity was the loud and frequent sound of someone snoring.  OK, those snores were coming right out of me and I must have woken myself up a dozen times but it was sooooo relaxing.  I did try reading but the book was way too heavy so we're back to our earlier theme of snoozing and snoring.

Tonight's show in the theatre was a fab girl singer who made a very good job of impersonating some great singers.  It was impossible to sit and keep your toes still; they just kept tapping away.  Her name is Katy something and she won the Graham Norton series on BBC "The One and Only".  And she was good.  Very good indeed.

Tomorrow we strike land again, this time Sardinia.  We're off to see some archeological remains at Cagliari and hoping to catch sight of pink flamingoes - whilst remembering to have at least one moment of glee as we remember everyone at home goes back to work tomorrow and we still have 2 more weeks holiday to go!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb