Med Cruise - September/October 2011


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
September 29th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

And so to sea - eventually!  At the end of her last voyage, the Celebrity Eclipse had contended with an outbreak of Norovirus so it comes as no surprise that the ship was ordered to undergo a major deep clean.  After our plans about enjoying the ability to embark nice and early, we ended up sitting in the lounge at Southampton for over an hour.  But they gave everyone free champagne as a thank you for waiting and we're now safely on board a scrupulously clean ship!  Our cabin is gorgeous with the best bathroom we've ever had at sea - seriously fancy showers where you can clean bits you didn't know a shower could reach!  Recliners on the balcony, fruit and champagne at the ready and canapés due to arrive in less an hour.  Our penthouse deck restaurant is amazing - we had the best fillet steak in ages for dinner last night.

We've been doing some serious dossing today whilst also making major decisions like which sun bed to lie on, where to eat lunch, and whether to turn the next page in the book or just not bother and go to sleep!  An amazing feature on this ship is half an acre of lawn and believe me it is a very odd feeling to go walking on grass surrounded by the Atlantic!  And to top that, there's even a glass blowing area with several furnaces glowing a very cosy shade of red.  Goodness only knows how the health and safety police allowed that one on board but we plan taking a peek tomorrow ... assuming we can drag our bums off a cushion anywhere else.

Went to the gym this morning.  But being horribly early risers we managed to get there before the staff so couldn't use any of the equipment.  Oh what a shame!  But did actually do several circuits of the jogging track so feeling a tiny bit virtuous.

Richard thinks one of the highs of this trip already is discovering our head waiter's name is Slobodan Despot.  What a great name!  Makes him sound like a war criminal on the run.  But he's actually terribly sweet and kind.

More blogging to come tomorrow.  Have to go and drink champagne now.  It's a hard job but someone's got to do it!!


Advertisement



30th September 2011

Wow!
Mr & Mrs T it already sounds like you are having an amazing time. I am very jealous. I shall look forward to reading more over the next 2 weeks. I love the waiter's name he sounds like a Harry Potter character. Hope you are having even more fun today! Love Emily xx
30th September 2011

Wondered how you got champagne so early!
I know champagne costs a fortune and thought you were splashing out a bit - a freebie explains all! Sounds like a great first day - can imagine that John will want a similar holiday when he hears all about what you are having - sounds very up market and relaxing - right up our street! When am getting fed up with work, your blogg will remind me why I do it! Enjoy yourselves. Jane and John

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1005.8kb