bondi/cairns/capetrib/mission beach


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
September 29th 2009
Published: September 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

the first hostel we stayed at in bondi was terrible,we have officially had a bad hostel experience! there were blood stains on the sheets, one of the rooms smelt like rotting food so had to change rooms, the microwave wasn't working in one of the rooms, the showers were covered in dirt and grime and to top it all off we had a massive cockroach running around which freaked one of the girls out so much that she went and stayed somewhere else even though we'd already paid! We managed to get a refund for the other nights we had booked and went somewhere else that was much better! We flew to cairns on thursday but our flight was delayed by 5 hours because of all the dust storms so that wasnt much fun. we stayed at gilligans whichwas a great hostel but i didnt go out or anything because I had a really bad cold and felt like crap. the next day we got picked up by the jungle tours bus and drove to cape trib. we stopped off at a few scenic places on the way including the rainforest habitat wildlife sanctuary where we saw wallabies and kangaroos and got to hold a koala bear! His name was glen and he was quite heavy and a little bit smelly! but so cute. got a proper picture done aswell. we also went on a ferry ride looking for crocodiles but we just saw a little baby one. we stayed at a lodge which wasn't too bad, it had a pool! the next day we went jungle surfing which was awesome. you go to a platform in the top of a tree in the middle of the rainforest and zip wire to another platform in another tree really high up amoungst all the trees. there were about 5 platforms and each zip wire ride got faster and then you do the last one upside down!! then we chilled by the pool for the rest of the day before getting the bus back to giligans. next day we went on a reef boat trip which was really cool. we went out into the great barrier reef and all the other girls did snorkelling and diving which obviously i didnt do but one of the guys on the boat felt sorry for me so he let me watch him feed these big fish and then let me go on the glass boat tour for free so i got to see all the reef and coral and huge clams and everything through the glass on the little boat. we spent all day in the sun on the boat and when we got back to the hostel everyone realised how burnt they were. all the girls got really bad sunburn on their bodies. i was the only one who didnt get it on my body but my face was bright red like a lobster and i've got very big noticable sunglasses marks! next day we got on the oz experience bus to go to mission beach. and today i did my skydive!!!! It was absolutely amazing and i'd recommend it to anyone. we dived over mission beach so we could see the beach and the beautiful clear water and i could even see a sea turtle swimming in the sea. i wasn't anywhere near as scared as i thought i'd be, i was really excited! It was scary actually jum,ping out of the plane but you don't really have time to think about it! I screamed so much and I've got pictures and video of it for everyone to see when i get back!! Now we're chilling in mission beach for a few days before heading to magnetic island for the full moon party on friday! It's incredibly hot here, almost unbearable but we have air conditioning in the rooms! Got to go, my internet time is about to run out!!

xXx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb