Day Four – At Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
December 9th 2012
Published: January 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday – which on sea days in our family = Day Off!!

Slept in late and awoke to VERY hot and humid conditions, calm seas, and almost no wind except from the passage of the ship. Almost 90 degrees by Noon, and the Captain came on and warned everyone to use their sun block, stating it will be this way until we hit Southern Chile, well below the Equator. No more winter for two months almost! Steve hit Jimmy HARD (Carol says, “Hard enough to double him over”) this morning (of course, Carol had her sensible assorted fruits for breakfast). Very interesting event during breakfast… From the navigator’s map on our stateroom T.V., it appears we are about 25 – 30 miles off the coast. While eating we passed (or they passed us) a small (5-10 meter) boat a bit further out from us off the Coast of Mexico, right off Acapulco. Looked like two guys fishing from the deck. Everyone was pretty amazed to see these dudes so far out. Long swim back to Mexico, Man…

Then a double slop of sun block and up to the Sun deck for most of the afternoon to watch NFL football on the big screen HD T.V., while reading books, swimming in the pool (unheated, which down here is NICE) and drinking iced coffees (looks like football will be a staple aboard the S.S. Scurvy on Sundays – good news – bad news – first game was the Bungles and the Cowgirls). We hit the spa for another couple of hours and then just spent the remainder of the day sitting on our balcony waiting for and watching the sunset. ENT was at 1713, but humidity blocked out most of the show. We are heading 112 degrees true at about 22 knots, and are about 900 miles from our next stop in Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala. We received news tonight that we have to turn our passports over to the staff tomorrow by 1700, so they can get them stamped for entry into Ecuador, Peru and Chile. We don’t get them back until December 21st, so we’re gonna have to be on our best behavior! Final comment for the day: We saw on the news that there was a hostage and stand-off situation in Sacramento at a Junk in the Box sometime yesterday or today….

We are happy to be here instead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb