Day 3 Sunday at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
September 21st 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The first event of the day began at 2:00 AM when the clocks were set back one hour. As we move westward toward Hawaii, we pass through a couple of time zones and will have an extra hour of sleep on several nights. They should advertize those as days with 25 hours of fun and relaxation.

Breakfast was another challenging episode of “what to eat?” David had the Ham & cheese omelet with pancakes and Janet had poached eggs on toast. One of these days we may try going to the breakfast buffet instead of the sit-down meal, but not today.

First order of business was to get yesterday’s blog posted. We hope you are enjoying them. We have not taken many photos on the ship yet but expect to include more once we get to the islands.

We attended another presentation about Hawaii. This was all about Maui. There are some things which will not apply (such as the whales that will not arrive until after we have left), but it was interesting anyway. We have already picked out our excursion packages for each island, but it has become apparent that even taking the most all-encompassing tours will not include everything. We will just need to soak it all in like a sponge and enjoy as much as we can.

The weather was a little rougher last night and Janet’s stomach was a little upset. Fortunately today the seas are gentler. She has been using the wrist bands and got some Dramamine in the ship’s store, so altogether she is feeling much better. And the sun has been out all day so we see lots of people sitting by the pool (still only in the 60’s) or walking on the track. We have been doing a lot of walking through the halls and using the stairs whenever possible instead of the elevator, so we are getting exercise too. Others were walking the track - either trying to shed a couple of pounds from dinner the night before or else planning ahead for this evening.

We attended a session describing the 2010 European cruises. That was more like our 5 year plan, but it was interesting to hear some of their choices. There is going to be a similar presentation on other popular cruises in a couple of days, so we might look into a shorter cruise for sometime sooner than 5 years. Apparently there is a big benefit to making a reservation this far ahead (even if you subsequently cancel). There is a special meeting sometime for people with more than 400 days on Princess cruises, but it is hard to imagine many people would qualify for that club.

Something we neglected to mention before is their drink program. David got a glass of endless refills of soda and Janet got an endless supply of fancy coffees. She has been trying a different coffee drink each day, And she found a place with lots of different kinds of teas, but so far as stuck to the regular Lipton.

Today’s arts & craft session was for beginner scrap bookers. Janet could probably teach that class, but she went to see what new ideas they might have. It wasn’t anything she hadn’t done before, but they had some excess pictures from having just returned from Alaska, so we can add them to our Alaska scrapbook

Dinner was only 3 couples again (can’t seem to get the full table populated). David had buffalo and Janet had scallops. Of course there were lots of other dishes that went along too. One of the dessert choices was Run & Raisin ice cream (but it was very disappointing compared to what David remembered from the Alaska trip 5 years ago).

Another early night - one of these days we are going to join some of the night life - with a good nights sleep.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 4; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb