Last Day in New Zealand


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Tasman Sea
September 15th 2008
Published: September 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What a trip its been... Yesterday- great fun at the Gondola ride up a mountain then down on luge, a simple plastic cart with wheels that let us zip our way down at the speed we chose, whipping our way down the cement road, racing or just enj;oying the trip. FANTASTIC, Hayden and I did it twice. Then hayden did this cool extremem free fall, where she wore this parachute type close and leeped into the strong propelling air jet and let her feel like she was falling out of the sky, and the two guys would spin her and she was having a great time. Then she went on a jet speed boat ride with Cortney and that was a blast too. That adventure was across the Agridome. cool stuff. We also experienced the Hobbiton, only a statue. fine and dandy, nice pictures. The day before was simplty lovely with the Maori village and the nice but stinky geothermal muds whee a Maori tribe stilll lives. amazing stuff. after that, we experienced more maori shows. coool. after that we enjoyed the polynesion mineral water, kept hot by geotheraml water, lovely. two hours of relaxation. followed by a big dinner at the Shed, with the mix Rugby game, their religion, watching the All Blacks beat the Aussies... quite a big event. I of course barely made the beginning Hukka, and walked with a handlful of ladies and a gent, back to the hotel, and fell fast asleep. Meme made until half time at least. Still fue to know we were part of the event. Erica our tour guide was just thrilled as was Dave a local Kiwi, so his day started geat.

ok, enough for now. we're headed for the ferry to go to Devinport, to have a look around and shop some more. toodles to all. love and blessings and keep praying for safety and no migraines...

hugs. lori and meme

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb