Queen Mary 2 Day 17-18


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » South China Se
March 30th 2014
Published: April 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Queen Mary Day 17-18



More fog and mist and not much was happening as far as physical activity. The weather had turned a bit cooler and the trip south from Shanghai to Hong Kong was a little disappointing because of the weather and not being able to go out on deck.



We attended some information lectures and while Phillip should have been as interested in Capt Arthur Philip as Jennifer, somehow his brain did not want to play the same game. Lack of oxygen (probably manners) had Phillip falling asleep and to Jennifer’s horror, the audience heard the zzzzzz’s hitting the soundwaves.



Someone did say they learnt something from the lecture. Jennifer actually learnt two points, firstly that Capt Philip did not bring the convicts just to set up a convict settlement, but rather the convicts were going to be trained to fight against Peru and Chile. The second point was that when Phillip says he is tired, then that means he could go to sleep without much prompting.



The evening show was performed by the Cunard singers and dancers. It was a fabulous and energising performance. Mention was made that all singers and dancers must be trained at the Cunard school of performing arts in Southampton before graduating to an Ocean Liner.



Next day was similar and the only difference because we could not walk around the deck was that Phillip’s shirts were showing some shrinkage because of scones. We had tea (almost high tea) in the Queen’s Room and the waiters brought out a selection of cakes, biscuits and scones.



The evening meal was a celebration as the various chefs and heads of the table service were introduced to all in the Britannia Room. They then marched through the ship to suitable music and hand clapping. This evening’s performance was by a man using a dulcimer and he was so good he received a standing ovation. Not only so we bought one of his CDs.





Goodnight 31 March 2014.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb