Wednesday sea day


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Coral Sea
August 8th 2018
Published: August 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

WednesdaySea Day
This started with me walking 5 laps of deck6 which is the only longish walking area. 2.5 laps are 1km, quite a few walkers enjoying the breeze and sea spray, with the ship hooting along on its way to PNG. We were joined at breakfast by Norma and her daughter from Eden which is on the Sth coast of NSW. Lively elderly people, used to cruising, having a great time. Today was the joining in day. Shuffle board where I placed 1st out of 8 people, table tennis where I was runner up in quite a fierce comp, and then Karaoke tonight where I sang 3 songs. My usual The Rose and then 2 others. Ocean bar is the place for many of our activities, which today included 3 games of trivia, one evening concert in The Marquee at 7pm, lunch at The Waterfront and fine dining in the evening at The Dragon Lady which is Asian fusion. This is a speciality restaurant, 4 courses, nothing huge, but really beautifully served and presented. Vietnamese, Chinese, Malaysia and Japanese food and a Thai beer which Martin hated.Martin enjoyed a whisky tasting class earlier this afternoon, which involved 4 different whiskies and loads of information. He also had a chat to some other defence force people in an un-hosted event in one of the bars. I went to the concert alone tonight, was a music theatre all singing dancing very slick show case. Well done, and enjoyable too with the company of a lovely slightly older couple, who were interesting, well travelled with loads of fun anecdotes to share. My highlight today was the 1-30pm lecture delivered by a professor of Pacific History from a Melbourne Uni, one in a series of 4 for the cruise. Today gave us an insight into how PNG came to be through the German/UK/ Australian colonisation, and a little about language and culture of today. She did a great job of enthusing and informing us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011kb