Cruising the Atlantic Ocean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
March 8th 2016
Published: March 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 8th March, 2016. Cruising the Atlantic Ocean



Today we woke up to yet another invitation. This wasn't soggy though as the carpet has dried out a bit. It was from the Captain, inviting us to dine with him this evening. We had to RSVP by 10.00 am. In the morning we went to the lecture by Nancy Appleyard which wasn't as billed but interesting nevertheless. We had lunch in the restaurant and then went back to the cabin as M is still not well. We had to meet the Captain at 8.15 pm in the Columbus Club for canapes and pre-dinner drinks. There were 4 other passengers invited to this do, along with Marco the Hotel Manager, Olga the Guest Relations Manager, Georgia the Future Cruise Sales Manager and of course Captain Antonio. M had taken some cold and flu tablets which unfortunately make her feel very sick. We were all retrieved from the Columbus Bar by the Restaurant Manager and led to the Captain's table. It was a very interesting evening. M was sitting on the Captain's left. We didn't get to talk much to the couple the other side of the Captain and Marco as the table was long and thin. We did however get to talk to Olga, and the two sisters sitting opposite. Georgia didn't dine as she had already eaten earlier. M had a long conversation with Antonio as she knew that he would be meeting both his sons on this trip. She also asked him about piracy on the high seas and he gave us some great tips of things to do next time we are in Madeira. The evening went on until well past 11.00 pm and we were the only diners left in the restaurant. We missed the show and the cabaret as a result but the food was the best we had eaten all trip - shame M didn't eat much as she felt so sick.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb