Cruising at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
February 26th 2016
Published: March 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Friday 26th February, 2016. Cruising the Atlantic En Route to Bristol



We skipped breakfast but made lunch. In the afternoon we went to the quiz and played with John and Christine. After the quiz we went to the "Meet the Team" in the Marco Polo show lounge. The whole show team arrived and we were allowed to ask questions about the costumes, life behind the curtain etc. It was quite an interesting chat. The dancers explained why they had to rehearse in the corridors, how there was no time for shyness when changing costumes at the back, the musicians explained how they have to change the tempo for different singers and all manner of other things. Ross told us who was leaving at the end of the cruise - he is going back to Thompsons in Majorca and Jenny's contract has also concluded. Danny and Anastasia will stay on to Barbados and then he will transfer to the Astoria (Azores last year) to be the cruise director taking Anastasia with him.



After dinner we went to the "Best of Marco Polo" show. This was the best bits from the shows that didn't quite make the top spot, as voted by the passengers, using the voting slips left in the cabins a few days ago. We followed this with "Swinging 60's" in the Scott's Bar where the resident show team vocalists treated us to some of the best of the 1960's. We stayed on and boogied at Danny's disco for a while before retiring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.7kb