At Sea and Bridge Tour


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 19th 2016
Published: January 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday January 19th, 2016. At Sea and Bridge Tour



We went for a posh breakfast for the first time in a few days. We sat with a really interesting couple who live in France and exchanged a few horror stories about French bureaucracy. After breakfast we went on a pre-booked tour of the ship's bridge. This was really very interesting and we were told to "Please not press any buttons"! At 11 am we went to Clive's lecture "Britain in the South Atlantic - St Helena - Paradise or Purgatory". We really enjoyed this as we were on this island early in 2008. The new airport opens in a few weeks time so the island will never be isolated in the same way ever again.



After lunch we went to Sue's lecture on "The Pantanal" which is a deltific area of Brazil rich in flora and fauna. She had been on a trip to see "The Big Five" in August last year. Now M has got the bug and really wants to go. BTW the big five are: Jaguar, Tapir, Maned Wolf, Giant Anteater, Giant Otter. After the lecture we went to watch Eggheads on the deck.



After dinner we retired to the stern to listen to Excelsior followed by "Motown Girls" performed by Katie, Jenny and Claudia. Unfortunately they spent most of the time performing to less than one third of the audience facing forwards - also singing into space which lost their voices. We stayed for a few disco songs- don't know what D chatted to Danny about?!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb