Cruising the Atlantic Ocean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 15th 2016
Published: January 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Friday January 15th, 2016. Cruising the Atlantic Ocean



This morning we went to a lecture called "1492: Columbus and America - Falsehoods and Fantasies" by Clive Leatherdale, which was excellent as usual. M walked 3 and a half miles around the deck before lunch. After lunch D went to the photography lecture while M labelled the photographs from Mindelo. At 5.00 we got ready for dinner early in order to attend the Columbus Club Reception. This was a reception for those passengers who had cruised for more than 50 days with Cruise & Maritime. We were given a few drinks and some nibbles and the Captain came round and shook everyone's hands. There were hundreds of passengers there so we weren't elite. We chatted to the Hotel Manager who is from Italy. He introduced us to Georgia the future cruise administrator and we are going to see if she can come up with an acceptable offer to stay on for an extra month to the West Indies.



After dinner there was a classical concert in the show lounge. Pam and Stewart went but we decided to go to the deck and listen to the Excelsior Musicians. The girl singer in this group is fantastic. After this there was "An Evening with ... Ross. This was a cabaret performed by our Cruise Director Ross Roberts. It was excellent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.3kb