At Sea En Route to Cabo Verde


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 11th 2016
Published: January 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Monday January 11th, 2016. At Sea En Route to Cabo Verde



After a posh breakfast we read our books and generally relaxed. Non of the activities appealed to us until 11.00 am when we went to sea the 'Bird Lady' (Sue Walsh) who was giving a lecture on "Bird Ringing and Migration". This was a really interesting lecture. We learned how birds are ringed, the information it gives us on the migration patterns and how we can use this information to help protect endangered birds. We had lunch in the restaurant and then in the afternoon we went to the photography lecture with John Riley. The topic today was 'Photographing Architecture'. After the lecture we went to see Eggheads in the Captain's Club. This was pretty funny with the passengers playing against the crew eggheads. Cruise Director Ross was quiz-master and had dreadful problems pronouncing the words in the questions - even though he chose them. The passengers won.



Dinner with Pam and Stewart was not the best. M's advocado salad had no advocado! The show was "We Will Rock You". This is the 3rd time we have seen this show (on different stops) but this was probaby the best yet. After the show we went to see Rob from the show team performing cabaret in the Scott's Bar. We stayed for the disco and had a boogie. When we returned to the cabin for about the 4th night in a row M nearly had a heart attack when she turned on the cabin lights! Our cabin boy has taken to arranging her PJ's on the bed like a person.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0919s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb