June 2 -Day 10 - Halfway to Iceland


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
June 2nd 2023
Published: June 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today is the 3rd day out of 5 for sailing from Halifax to Iceland. Somewhere along the way we have passed the halfway point.

Also, unbeknownst to anyone else, today seems to be Nala's birthday - at least according to PetSmart. When we got her, that's what the Humane Society said. Please tell her that we will celebrate when we get back home.

We got up early enough to just make it to the dining room for breakfast, instead of the Horizon Court. Instead of eggs benedict, Janet had fried eggs and crispy bacon. David had an omelet. Then we were off to business for the morning. We ran a couple of loads of laundry through the laundromat and luckily nobody else had arrived before us, so we got 2 machines. Then Janet had some time with her knitting friends and David watched a "fancy towel folding" demonstration. It was pretty neat, but don't expect to see any of these animals (see 4 pictures) around our bathrooms when we get back home.

Pop Quiz: There are somewhere more than 2000 passengers on the ship. Can you guess how many cabin stewards there are? Answer is later in the blog, if we remember to include it.

We had a room service lunch in the cabin. We actually stopped on our way back from knitting to pick up a couple of sandwiches and then had room service bring drinks and chips. The sándwiches were fairly tasty and we needed to cut down on so many big meals. But of course, we had a "cookie course" later in the afternoon too. While we were eating, we watched a presentation on the TV about what we can expect when we get to Reykjavik.

After lunch we went to a presentation by the Future Cruise coordinator concerning multiple cruises, back-to-back. But he wasn't limited to just a pair of cruises, but he was pitching triples and even longer. There were a lot of interesting senarios, but we aren't ready to sign up for anything that elaborate. There was one single cruise next summer which sounded interesting, but we didn't book anything - just thinking.

Then we had a little while in the room before Formal Night in the dining room. We were able to order a few canopies to be delivered as appetizers, and then we went to the dining room. Tonight's special was basically a choice between Lobster or Chateaubriand. Janet had the surf and David had the turf. Naturally this was after appetizers and before dessert in the dining room. It was a delicious meal.

We went back to the cabin for the evening and watched another movie on the TV. There are nightly shows in the Princess Theater, but those seats just aren't very convenient so we haven't gone to many. Anyway, this is another short night with an hour missing from the clock before tomorrow morning. So we will be closing for now. Good night.

Answer to question: There are only 67 stewards to take care of all the passengers' cabins. That's why we appreciate our steward.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.7kb