June 1 - Day 9 - Still at sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
June 1st 2023
Published: June 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Hello on our way sailing to Iceland.

If we were at home we would be sending a birthday card to our friend from Ken Richardson. Unfortunately, there is nothing in the mail, so you have to settle for this world-wide broadcast of your birthday greeting. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And we got an update from our daughter Valerie regarding our cat. Happily, she reported that Nala has been behaving herself and has been settling in very well. She seems to have found a way to hide behind the curtain and jump out and startle Tessa. No telling what other tricks she will learn before we come home.

This morning started an hour early with another time zone passing beneath our keel as we continue to sail Northeast. All day was foggy with the ship sounding its foghorn periodically. The temperature most of the day was 42 degrees with a breeze across the deck. Everyone out on the deck was pretty well bundled up walking around.

We had a small breakfast in the Horizon Court before going to the Knitter's meeting. There seem to be more and more members of this group every day. While Janet was working on her knitting, David located the laundromat for tomorrow. He also went down to the stores on deck-6 and bought a nice coat to keep off the chill when outside. It is reversible and will be a good replacement for an old coat he has back in St Louis. It will probably also be useful here on the cruise.

We rested in the cabin for about an hour before going to lunch. During that time, Janet had a Mocha Coffee delivered to the cabin. But we went to lunch about 12:15 and they were having the popular Pub Lunch. There was a line of people waiting to get in, but it moved along fairly well and we got seated by 12:30. Janet strayed from her usual Fish & Chips and instead had Guinness Steak & Kidney Pie. avid had the Bangers and Mash. Both were very good.

After lunch we had a restful afternoon in the cabin. Janet was watching an old movie called "Waking Ned Devine " while David read some more. Midafternoon David took his coat out onto deck-15 and practiced walking around in the cold wind. It worked well enough that he stopped at the ice cream stand and got a milk shake too.

For dinner we each had the crab cake appetizer. Janet had the melons while David had the chilled strawberry soup. For an entree, David had cowboy steak and Janet had scallops. For dessert we each had the chocolate/carmel tart but David also had the pecan tart. Then we went back to the cabin and watched the original version of the movie "True Lies". That's about all for today - nothing real exciting.

Somehow this did not get published last night as planned. Sorry.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 989.1kb