May 29 - Day 6 - 3rd day at sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
May 29th 2023
Published: May 29th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Happy Memorial Day! While we are sailing around in this enjoyable cruise ship and being pampered by all the services, we are reminded of all those who made sacrifices to allow us to have this good life. At 3:00 pm the bridge announced a minute of silence throughout the ship in honor of Memorial Day.

One of the things they covered in the Wake Show was the numbers of passengers by nationality. There are 1559 from USA, 163 from Canada, 47 from UK, 20 from New Zealand, 18 Australians, and various others. On the next part of our cruise, we expect the UK to take over leadership.

We got up this morning in time to go to the dining room for breakfast. Janet was able to have eggs benedict. She has long felt that Princess serves the best eggs benedict anywhere. David had ordinary ham and eggs. Then we went back to the cabin and Janet worked on here stitching some more and started watching a movie called “Elvis”.

David watched the fruit carving demonstration. Attached are a few pictures of things created from ordinary pieces of fruit or vegetables. The carver was very skillful because he created all of these in just over 30 minutes.

In early afternoon, we went up to the Sky Deck (15) to the Grill. It was nice but the temperature was only about 53 degrees today and it was very windy up there. That made lunch sunny but kind of chilly – we may be rapidly approaching the end of "short pants" weather. Our future destinations are even further north than today. Ft Lauderdale was around 27 degrees north latitude, but Halifax is closer to 45 degrees and Iceland is a bit more than 65 degrees. So, the warmer clothing is going to have to come out of the closet.

Then we went to the Horizon Court after our burgers and got some deserts and hot Salted Carmel coffee. Then it was back to the cabin with an Earl Grey hot tea for Janet while finishing her movie and more stitching. David made more progress reading his book before drifting off on a nap.

Our travel agent (Rose) had arranged for us to receive a special gift for booking this cruise. We called and they brought a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. We each had one as an appetizer before dinner and saved the others for tomorrow.

Tonight, we were back to the table we had been aiming for previously. There were places for us and we think it will be reserved for us the rest of the cruise nights. Today we both had the Prime Rib with Baked Potato. We each had a Caesar Salad. Janet also had the shrimp cocktail and David had “chicken bites”. Janet skipped dessert but David had a piece of carrot cake. Altogether it was a good day of eating.

Rather than going to the theater tonight we adjourned to the cabin to get a good night’s sleep before we reach Halifax and have our first shore excursion.

4 pictures today. So good night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb