May 28 – Day 5– 2nd Day at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
May 29th 2023
Published: May 29th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Hello again. This morning the clocks moved forward an hour preparing us for Halifax time when we reach port in a couple of days. We tried setting an alarm so we would get up early and could go to the dining room for breakfast, but that plan misfired, and we slept until after 10:00. That’s the relaxed lifestyle we have adopted for this cruise.

We had a nice buffet breakfast in the Horizon Court, but it was so late in the morning that we simply skipped lunch. There is a nearly endless list of activities available on the ship, but we opted for a quiet afternoon in the cabin watching a movie (called “A man named Otto”). Janet can’t ever just sit and watch a show, so she worked on one of her stitching projects too. By now you probably think we are the most boring travelers imaginable, but it is restful, and we will do more stuff later.

Tonight, was formal night in the dining rooms, so we dressed up in fancier clothes and went to the Bordeaux Room again. But first we ordered canopies to be delivered to the cabin and had a few of our drinks from the refrigerator. Except the bottles of beer were not twist-off lids and we did not bring a bottle opener – so David went to the bar and got the same thing except it was opened for him.

We have been in the “no reservation” line at the dining rooms and just joining tables where there were some extra seats. Yesterday’s folks invited us to come back to their table tonight which was nice of them. Unfortunately, some other people got seated there first, so we at with an elderly couple from Ottawa who were also very nice.

For dinner we each had a delicious crabmeat quiche, followed by loaded potato soup, then beef filet medallions, and turtle cheesecake for dessert, washed down with a glass of wine. It was a very good dinner – glad we had not eaten lunch and were hungry enough to eat everything. However tomorrow we think we have it arranged to join yesterday’s table again.

Then after dinner we went to the Princess Theater and watched the ship’s singers and dancers perform one of their shows. The music was good, the singing was good, and the dancing was fairly good. They have 10 seats reserved at the back of the theater for people who cannot do the steps down toward the stage, Janet was able to snag the final seat and David get a seat directly in front of her. But if we go to another show later in the cruise we need to be there extra early to get a back row seat.

By the way, the mid-day positional report said we were half way from Ft Lauderdale to our first port cal in Halifax Nova Scotia. And the afternoon weather was sunny with a temperature high of 72.

It was a nice restful day and now we have retired for the night. See you again tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb