Culebra, Puerto Rico


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
March 19th 2015
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.3105, -65.3031

Left salinas in the 17th at 8am
Arrived in Viaquez at 5pm - motor sailed the whole way into the wind

18th- Viaquez to Culabrita. Rolly anchorage.
Visited the "baths" in the am. Then moved back to Culebra.

Culebra is sweet. Touristy town with a lot of flavour and a good vibe. The beaches here are GORGEOUS.

Wifi is hard to come by and I don't have much time...check out the pictures. Enjoy!! xo

March 23rd, 2015 - Viequez, Culebrita, and then CULEBRA!

Hello all,

On March 17th, after a small 7am St. Patrick's Day celebration before Steve left (well, really just a toast), we left Salinas en route to Viequez. It was an uneventful nine hour motor sail into the wind.

The following day, the boat we were travelling with wanted to move on to Culebrita, so that's what we did. A pretty place, but oh-so-rolly. Made for an uncomfortable night of sleep, especially after being in the wonderfully calm protection of Salinas' mangroves for the previous three weeks.

We woke up to our 'buddy boat' knocking on our hull at 7am telling us they couldn't stand the roll for one more second and were leaving immediately. We stuck around for a few
hours to take a walk on shore and visit the "baths". The area of this small island that allows the swell of the waves to pass over a rocky area and come out on the lee side of the island as warm, bubbly water.

We moved on to Culebra. Another popular cruiser's harbour that is sheltered enough that it's calm, but still has a wonderful breeze. Tony had spent time here 27 years ago, and had really talked it up. Culebra did not disappoint. This is a fun little town, and this small island has the most spectacular beaches that we've found in PR so far. On the advice of EYC friends, we rented a golf cart for a couple of days to tour the island, fuel up the boat, and get a few groceries. Flamenco Beach is the hot spot for both tourists and locals. There is plenty of beach to walk and the fine white sand and turquoise water is what I've been craving!



We will move on to the BVI's in the early AM. Jost Van Dyke...FOXY's here we come! 😉

Love and Kisses to you all,


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb