Camping Australia


Advertisement
Oceania
March 19th 2013
Published: March 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Australia's camping experience can run the gamut from family oriented camping with lots of amenities to smooth out the rough edges of your camping experience to extreme locations that required survival skills and extensive knowledge of your environment. Family tents, however, are not a frequent sight at the latter destinations.<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" />Australia is unique, not only in the variety of countryside it has to offer but is also home to a variety of animals that exclusively call the Outback its home. From Humpback Whales to Kangaroos, Platyou and Emu's, the Australian Outback offers it all. With it's great variety of people, plants and animal life comes a variety of climates as well. Temperatures vary from a more tropical environment to terrain consisting of desert or grasslands. With the changing environment, come changing fauna and flora and with that a changing camping experience. One could presumably travel all of Australia and camp once a year for a lifetime and never have the same experience twice.<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" />Determine which experiences you'd most like to encounter during your trip and then select your area of Australia accordingly. Would you love to camp near the ocean and swim in secluded coves under mature palm trees? The South Coast may be your destination of choice then. If you plan your travels to this area in June or July you may even be witness to the annual migration of the Humpback Whales' journey to breed in warmer waters.<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" />If you'd love to explore the desert during one of your camping trips, a visit to the Simpson Desert in Central Australia may just be what you are looking for. At over 68,000 square miles and no camp grounds in site, this is an adventure reserved for the experienced camper with knowledge of his or her surroundings and survival skills to match. <br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" />Maybe a forest environment is more to your liking. In that case, you will be awed by the towering trees and magnificent waterfalls found in Tasmania. Aside from pristine nature that is home to Eucalyptus trees, you may also encounter the native Wombat or possibly a Tasmanian Devil or two. <br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" />Or how about diving the Great Barrier Reef ? A reef so massive it can be seen from Outer Space that offers an amazing variety of ocean life. The beauty that is and that surrounds the Reef are above and beyond what mere words can describe and have been and continue to be the basis of many movies and documentaries.<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px;" />As you can see, Australia has so much to offer. What are you waiting for? Make those plans and we look forward to welcoming you and your family to explore all that this beautiful continent has to offer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb