Te Pukatea Bay


Advertisement
Oceania
March 17th 2012
Published: March 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up bright and early, again! But no worries because we are going on another adventure. This morning we have a private guide to take us to Te Pukatea Bay on the Tasman Sea. We motor to Kaiteriteri and get on a ferry ( holds about 75people). This boat shuttles people, mainly hikers to various bays within the Abel Tasman National Park. We ride about 45 minutes and get off at Anchorage Bay. We hiked our way over Blythe secluded bay of Te Pukatea. Stunning blue waters and wide soft warm sand beach. Let me stay forever! Allison did great hiking ----until she fell on the return trip. Thank goodness I had bandaids!! After a return ferry ride we did a bit of shopping. We stopped at the quaint harbor town of Mapau. The harbor has sevral metal buildithat which use to house apples to shipped to Nelson. They now transport differently and turned the warehouses into shops and cafes. Cool place worth the drive. Bought stuff from local artists and had some yummy ice cream.

We also stopped at a local potter's studio and home, as well as a local wood worker. Loved the woodworkers art- had to buy. Alison is due a stuffed animal today and has been asking all day. So far, there were no stuffed animals,so our guide made a stop for her. She found an awesome llama. Now she has a sheep, a kiwi, and a llama.

The area we explored today is flat near the bay/sea and mountainous in the near distance. They have lots of apples, pears, cherries and grapes. NZ has lots of wineries. And the winesgoods very good. The weather is rather mild with temps from 40 to 75 degrees F. Today was 74F - perfect. Life is good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb