North Island.. at last.....


Advertisement
Oceania
November 8th 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We drove to Picton which is the most northern town on the South Island and waited for the Ferry Crossing. We arrived around 8:30pm to find the town closed for the night. We spent the night in the holding area of the ferry landing and got in line to board the interisland ferry at 4:30am in the morning. We booked our trip via the internet and saved over 90 bucks. yeah.. for to the locals for the tips.

We had a wonderful sailing through beautiful waterways. Both of us took lots of pictures but we discovered we didn't have the flash card in the camera until later in the day. (Bummer) As a result we can't share with you the scenery and the great shots we both took.

We drove up the Northern Island to the Eastern side to a town called Napier. IT's a coastal town. We were too wiped out to view the town. We spoted a camping site, cooked a nice lamb dinmer, took a shower and found a an internet termimal.

Laura has somewhat learned how to negotiate how to use the stove and toasters at the common cooking areas. Laura talked Ken into using the BBQ tonight and he discovered the challenges to figuring out how to use the appliances as well.

Again.. We're at at dial up site again and can't upload photos... We'll try later.
Ken and Laura



Advertisement



9th November 2009

Comfort
We had a nice time here, watching it rain, rain and rain some more - but the appliances worked and our bed was soooo "comfy"... Does sound like you are having a great adventure though... Love n Hugs Don n Connie

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.9kb