The Last Leg


Advertisement
Oceania
December 11th 2005
Published: December 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Four of UsThe Four of UsThe Four of Us

At the last winery
Me and Lynds finally made our way pack to Perth a week later and were really excited to meet up with Elizabeth and Mollie. We had earlier decided to meet up and rent a car and travel down the southwest corner of Australia. I volunteered to drive and we were on our way. Let me just first say that driving on the left side of the road was no easy task haha, and I was more than happy to return our rental car back in one whole piece. Our first stop was the Margaret River which is a famous wine region in Australia. We went on a wine tasting tour the following morning, where we all found out that despite the fact that we are all celebrated wine drinkers, we knew absolutely nothing about the stuff haha. It was a great time visiting all the different wineries and trying all the assorted kinds of wine! We even stopped at a cheese and chocolate factory that was a welcomed break from the wine! It was so delicious! When we left Margaret River we headed to a town called Pemberton and stayed in a cabin on a farm. It was so cute and really neat! Pemberton, our landlord told us, is known for the four t's: trout, trees, tram, and I can't remember the other one. Anyway, we did all the three t's...and it was a trip! My favorite part was when me and Elizabeth climbed the Gloucester tree.....it was pretty scary. No safety net or anything and you climb up steel spikes winding around the tree....it was 200 feet high!!
After all our adventure, we're now home, three weeks later and just one week to go in good ol Manly! Gosh, I can't believe it's been 4 months!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Valley of the GiantsValley of the Giants
Valley of the Giants

On the tree-top walk, very cool!
Me & ElizabethMe & Elizabeth
Me & Elizabeth

On our tree top walk
Gloucester TreeGloucester Tree
Gloucester Tree

At the top of the 200 ft. tree me and Elizabeth climbed
Elizabeth & kangarooElizabeth & kangaroo
Elizabeth & kangaroo

These kangaroos would come up to our door at our cabin on the farm
All four of us!All four of us!
All four of us!

At the cascades on one of our tram stops through the forest
In a rose gardenIn a rose garden
In a rose garden

This winery was one of the most expensive ever built, it was amazing!
Lynds & MollieLynds & Mollie
Lynds & Mollie

After catchin their trout
Me and kangarooMe and kangaroo
Me and kangaroo

right outside our cabin, how cute!
Thorny devilThorny devil
Thorny devil

This is a dragon! We picked it up on the side of the road, crazy lookin thing huh!


11th December 2005

Amazing
As usual, I am in awe of everything you guys are doing. The pictures are awesome, but, I am sure, are nothing like the real experience. Thank you so much for the updates. Take care of yourselves!!

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb