Goodbye Guyana - Hello Barbados


Advertisement
Oceania
January 16th 2008
Published: January 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are abour to depart Barbados after our short 4-day stay. Here I depict the leaving Guyana on Saturday and a few Barbados pictures. We fly out today at 4 PM Barbados time and arrive in Calgary, Alberta at 4:30 AM (1:30 our time). I don't like all that flying time but it is the price you pay for such a broad vacation experience over 14 days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

This is the village sign where we stayed in GuyanaThis is the village sign where we stayed in Guyana
This is the village sign where we stayed in Guyana

Don and Sharon drove us from East Canje and New Amsterdam to cross the ferry on the Berbice River then into Georgetown and out to the airport. We did manage to have 5 am showers before we left. Sharon has since emailed us to say that the local waterv supply sytem that dribbles a steady supply of semi-clean water to their home has broken down. And there has been no rain for the barrels so they have limited clean water. She notes that sponge baths are not fun or adequate. Such is the variance of life's luxuries in Guyana.
Hello BarbadosHello Barbados
Hello Barbados

Here is the beach that we can view from our room in Accra Hotel Resort
During Ted's Tour During Ted's Tour
During Ted's Tour

We booked and took a tour around the island of Barbados. Ted was an excellent guide and the bus very comfortable with a very good driver. Ted was very humorous. We all enjoyed that time which included a fine lunch buffet along the way.
Another tooth incidentAnother tooth incident
Another tooth incident

Don lost a tooth from his denture while sucking a piece of sugar cane on the tour with Ted. That was repaired the next dayand now all is well again.


Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb