Day 35 – West MacDonnell Ranges


Advertisement
Oceania
June 2nd 2018
Published: June 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Brooksie, Wilko and I enjoyed the sumptuous buffet at the Glen Helen Resort. Well to be fair the continental breakfast comprised toast, canned peaches and wheatbix which I think we could have done at the tent, but the hot breakfast was huge, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, hashbrowns, tomato, pork sausages and baked beans. Brooksie, already looking on the verge of a coronary, swapped part of his bacon for beans with Wilko. Wilko and I had done our laundry and for some reason mine seemed to take 3 times longer.



We got underway and headed out to Stanley Chasm, then Serpentine Gorge and Redbank. There were surprisingly few people at the various sights, although Wilko likes to storm ahead so that you never get to take a photo of a pristine gorge without Wilko in it. He also loves to swim regardless of the water temperature. The ranges are spectacular. At sunset we headed up to Mount Sonder for the view. There were two Swedish backpackers, which was good, and a photographic tour, which was bad. The photographic tour ran around with their tripods getting between your camera and the sunset. We grabbed a couple of Emu Export Lagers and in a clear violation of the NT’s drinking in public laws drank beer whilst the sunset.



Back at the resort/caravan park some new people had set up beside us and were testing out their drone, which seemed like it could be bad. We had a couple of beers in the bar, the Fun and 50 Group reserved area seemed to be overtaken by the 70 and Senile Group again.



While I was dreaming about witty comments for the blog I heard a disruption outside, Wilko and Brooksie slept through it, but I emerged from the tent just in time to see a dingo making off with our garbage. He had realised that it was attached to the gas lantern, which was attached to the gas bottle, which was attached to the stove, which was attached to the stove stand….

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb