The highlanders return!


Advertisement
Papua New Guinea's flag
Oceania » Papua New Guinea
May 6th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was great to be able to welcome the rest of the team back from the highlands today! There had been much anticipation about their return, in part because they were delayed from returning on the scheduled day. Many prayers had been said for their time there, and for their safe return, and they were answered. From all accounts, it was a great experience - we look forward to hearing more.

During the week Pete and I spent in Moresby, we spent our time participating in Bible studies together with Tony, Tasha and Luke and the new (and old) friends they've been reaching out to, as well as having some extra hang time with those we have been meeting here along the way. I feel like we have really been able to get to know people and become a little more immersed in the lifestyle here, which is so great. We will miss our new friends here so much when we leave! God used Pete to preach a remarkable lesson (both encouraging and challenging) for midweek service on Thursday night. Our prayers were for God to speak what he wanted heard, which I believe he did - and helped my heart (Deena) a lot. All thanks be to Him!

Tomorrow will be our final service with the Moresby church, and we are sad to think of saying goodbye this coming week.

We miss everyone at home and are so grateful for your kind thoughts and prayers during all of our time here. Mom, thank you so much for your warm wishes!

With love,

Deena (& Pete)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb