West New Britain
Background: The eastern half of the island of New Guinea - second largest in the world - was divided between Germany (north) and the UK (south) in 1885. The latter area was transferred to Australia in 1902, which occupied the northern portion during World War I and continued to administer the combined areas until independence in 1975. A nine-year secessionist revolt on the island of Bougainville ended in 1997 after claiming some 20,000 lives.
Blogs from West New Britain
Latest Blogs from West New Britain
- July 8th 2012 Diving Father Islands and Kimbe Bay....pretty impressive!
by Words: 1522 Photos: 105
- July 2nd 2012 PNG....and few flights to get here...
by Words: 914 Photos: 54
- April 24th 2011 Diving The FeBrina-PNG
by Words: 620 Photos: 20
- March 25th 2011 Papua New Guinea - September 2010
by Words: 464 Photos: 69
- February 15th 2011 Papua New Guinea
by Words: 1159 Photos: 49
- August 30th 2010 Papua new Guinea!!!!
by Words: 806 Photos: 0