Background: After three decades as part of the UN Trust Territory of the Pacific under US administration, this westernmost cluster of the Caroline Islands opted for independence in 1978 rather than join the Federated States of Micronesia. A Compact of Free Association with the US was approved in 1986, but not ratified until 1993. It entered into force the following year, when the islands gained independence.
Photos from Koror
Blogs from Koror
Latest Blogs from Koror
- August 3rd 2011 Nobody Does It Better
by Words: 3158 Photos: 16
- March 11th 2011 Tsunami
by Words: 642 Photos: 4
- March 7th 2011 Palau - Jellyfish lake and world class snorkeling
by Words: 599 Photos: 6
- November 21st 2009 It never rains in Palau...
by Words: 2003 Photos: 21
- February 21st 2009 Palau photos
by Words: 14 Photos: 8
- February 10th 2009 Palau -The most amazing place on earth....so far.
by Words: 503 Photos: 0
- September 17th 2008 Palau - Divers Paradise
by Words: 806 Photos: 8
- June 20th 2008 Palau
by Words: 850 Photos: 25
- June 15th 2008 Palau
by Words: 2246 Photos: 37
- June 4th 2008 Palau...the sequel
by Words: 813 Photos: 50
- June 4th 2008 The rainbows End
by Words: 1537 Photos: 19
- May 7th 2008 Where's Palau?
by Words: 5174 Photos: 74
- July 27th 2007 Who's afraid of the big bad jellyfish?
by Words: 683 Photos: 11
- February 10th 2005 "where the rainbow ends"
by Words: 1009 Photos: 4