KIWI LAND


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
February 18th 2011
Published: February 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

DEAR all in the UK,

We got picked up from the airport in Christchurch and ended up staying with a friend of a friend for a couple of blissfully comfy nights, we then attempted to swim with dolphins (the killer whales scared them away!) and i got sick n the boat back (BAD TIMES). We then went to Nelson, had a day by the pool and a good night out there. Our next stop on the QUIET rainy West coast of the south island was Greymouth. OMG- So quiet. We got free baked goods and bubble bath at this hostel though! Then Franz Joseph, where our Skydive got canceled due to RAIN. We then got the the lakeside PARTY town of Queenstown. Very nice. Bar hopping and chilling with the beautiful scenery and nice shops.

We then moved to the student town of Dunedin and stayed with a house of 5 cool students, watched Flight of the Concords, got subway on the verandah, cooked pancakes and got new music on my ipodular. Next beautiful Lake tekapo- BIG BBQ and two cute kittens in the hostel. Then back to comfy Christchurch where we watched Kiwi film BOY. "wana see my Michael Jackson dancemoves?" is my line for the NZ accent. Kaikoura for a beach day and DEAD Sat night. Then ferry across to Wellington. met some lovely people who gave us a lift to our next stop (and a bottle of wine!). We stayed in Wellington untill Thursday, as it was very nice and Valentines day and my birthday> We went to the museum and parliment and Botanical Gardens and ate very well here. Then last night we were in Rotorua (which stinks). And stayed with a Maori guy and his daughter (and two Malaysian girls) we had Japanese food ready for us when we got there and got a lift there and to town this am. Coach all day today and now in Auckland.

Leave tomor for FIJI!!! Yepeeeeeeee. I will miss NZ though, Aye Bru? Good times.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.9kb