Christchurch to Fox


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
May 1st 2006
Published: May 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, we're loving NZ just as much as Oz, but we miss the weather as is chilly here.

Christchurch

It was very very quiet to say its the largest city on South Island so we went to museums and art galleries and cafes and the park, and that's pretty much it. Our hostel was really homey and baked bread in the mornings.

Queenstown

Smaller but much livelier. We went on the Shotover boat which did 360 degree spins and went so fast between the canyon rocks- v fun. Then we went up yet another cable car but got to luge (go kart) back down which we loved. We then went to Minus 5- Absolut Vodkas ice bar. The walls, glasses, chairs etc are all made of ice. You can only spend 30 mins there and you have to wear massive jackets.

Fox Glacier

On the way we stopped off at Lake Wanaka, Mount Cook and every toilet and cafe for some reason so it took forever. But it was worth it. We loved our ice walk and felt like real explorers as the guy in charge just chooses a route randonly with a big pick axe. The glacier expands and moves 1 metre a day so he never knows where he can go. It was exciting but tiring.

Anyways, the photos are more interesting than me wuffling. Miss you all lots and see most of you in less than 3 weeks now. Email me all your gossip!

Lou x x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb