Blog #16 - the hub cap saga insert


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
December 30th 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Blog # 16 - The saga of the hub caps – insert Dec. 31, 2010
Ah, the New Zealand roads…… our rental car started, we assume, with 4 hubcaps. Back in the Coramandel around Nov. 18th, we drove along a very twisty and bumpy road indeed – and lost a hubcap. So, the next week we went to a couple of wreckers to locate a replacement, but alas, it seemed that the hubcaps ON the vehicle were after market, and we couldn’t find a match. So, at a “Super Cheap” in Napier we bought 4 new after market replacements, Jim installed them and discarded the 3 old ones. Then, lo and behold, we realized that we had AGAIN lost a hubcap from a different wheel. So we travelled several weeks with only 3. But yesterday we saw a “Super Cheap” so we stopped in….but you can’t buy the darn things one at a time…so he bought another whole set, installed 1, and kept the rest. This morning, we were parked in the ferry line up and…you guessed it…NO HUBCAP! Could it be caused by overpacking? So, now the plan is to leave the darn thing off, and 5 minutes before we return the rental car we will install any missing parts!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.9kb