Sailing Aboard the Interislander


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
December 12th 2010
Published: December 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got up before dawn and were definitely the first people awake in our ten-person hostel dorm room. We descended our squeaky bunks, quietly got all of our stuff together, dropped off the key, and were off to find the Interislander. (The fiery that goes between the North and South Island)

Aboard the fiery we found ourselves a couple of comfortable chairs and promptly fell back asleep before the boat even left the harbor. When we woke up from our nap to the boat being tossed to and fro by the rocky waves, we found ourselves in very close proximity to a vivacious family of four who proved to be much more entertaining than the TV above our heads. So for our conscious portion of the journey we slyly observed as a sarcastic young teenager sporting a pair of skinny jeans and an Alice in Wonderland t-shirt carefully removed her sleeping father’s wallet from his jacket pocket to buy herself a candy bar. Her mother was in full support the whole time, enthusiastically encouraging her on with silent cheers and wide waving arm movements. Later the mother came back with two candy bars. The younger daughter and her scantily clad doll that was bigger than she was, ran away to the arcade and returned with candy as well but where she got hers from is still a mystery.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb