Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
March 17th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello from NZ!!

Its been while since my last blog and i am actually writing this from Auckland where we are already nearing the end of our stay in NZ.

We arrived in Christchurch on the 15th March and as soon as we stepped off the plane we all realised just how different it was from Australia. Going from the usual 35 degree heat to a windy damp 18 was a shock to the system shall we say.

When we arrived we met up with some of the girls we had been travelling with in Oz and as it was one of their birthdays, they were determined for us to join them on a night out! So with little introduction to Christchurch, let alone New Zealand we were getting ready for another night out! - and we thought NZ was going to be a time to relax!!! (hmm!!??) The night out was alot of fun and we were given a small tour of the city even if the majority of it was jumping between bars!

After the first night out we moved hostels into the main square of Christchurch to join up with the rest of the
95 Year Old life and Soul!95 Year Old life and Soul!95 Year Old life and Soul!

A 95 man who spent the majority of the day on the dance floor showing everyone else how its done! Reminds me of someone i know!
group who had checked in seperately. The night or so were fairly quiet in comparison, spent relaxing, shopping and occasionaly eating out around Christchurch rather than going out on big nights. It was also an oppurtunity to prepare ourselves for the St. Patricks day celebrations on the Friday!

Paddy's day was a long day to say the least. There was a huge Irish bar directly underneath our hostel which provided live bands throughout the day, the first of which beginning at 8.30am!! I felt i couldnt let the home support down so i was there with 2 others at 8.15am sipping our very first guinness of the day. It was a very entertaining day with us leaving the bar only for a rugby match later that evening. We went to see the local Crusaders around 8pm and after that returned to the trenches to resume battle! The night was long but steady so everyone had a really good night and there were absolutely no problems for any of us. As you can imagine, there isnt alot to report for the next couple of days!!

From Christchurch we booked a 7 hour coach journey down to Queenstown...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ice StatueIce Statue
Ice Statue

Ice statue marking the opening of the new walking with penguins film


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb