Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
March 22nd 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Queenstown was another short stay for us but packed none the less.

We arrived in Queenstown after a long but very scenic drive from Christchurch. Along the way we stopped off next to a huge lake surrounded by snow capped mountains which was the first real part of the NZ scenery we had experieneced, it was an amazing site and a taste of things to come!

Upon arrival in Queenstown we all agreed it was more suited to our liking. It reminded us alot of Byron Bay as the town featured a main strip full of bars, resteraunts and various shops. Queenstown is a much smaller town compared to Christchurch so it was nice to be able to know exactly where you were and how to get to places! Christchurch on the other hand struck us all as slightly daunting and abit too much like a European catherdral city.

The main focus of Queenstown was the extreme sports, bungy jumping, sky-diving etc. I have to admit now i was alittle lame when it came to all the adventure things but then with Queenstown came a sudden realisation of my financial position and my need to be conservative with money and get to Thailand ASAP!!! The others however partook in many activities including the 138 meter bungy jumps, sky diving as well as river rafting etc.

We were in Queenstown for about a week where again we explored the night-life to an in depth extent as well as the town itself. Queenstown also offered amazing views from the top of the gondola which was just outside the town itself, so it was again nice to see some of the amazing scenery NZ had to offer!

Everyone really enjoyed Queenstown as the town was lively, vibrant and the night life was very good. As well as that the hostel we were staying in had great facilities and a great on site bar!!!!

However, by the end of the 6-7 days, 3 of us made the decision that we had to move on and booked a flight for Auckland leaving the next day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Queenstown from the GondolaQueenstown from the Gondola
Queenstown from the Gondola

Another view of the surroundings of Queenstown


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb