Tuatapere + Invercargill!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
February 21st 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola!!

After a very early start, we had a beautiful drive to Milford Sound, where we booked a boat trip which travelled deeper into Milford Sound to admire the beautiful scenery. In the afternoon we headed up to Lake Te Anau and then on the Tuatapere, the sausage capital of New Zealand for a dinner of bangers and mash! :o) However, keeping in tune with the fact we never had a dull moment on the Stray bus, we obvioulsy never made it there as our bus broke down AGAIN (a different one this time though!) However, luckily our new driver was a beautiful blondie we weren't stranded for long before at least 2 or 3 coachs pulled over to offer their assistance, one of which took us all to the next town! Our bus could not be fixed or replaced that day so we ended up spending the night in barrack-style accomodation which was quite funny and we all got our own little room, which I actually hated! I would have thought I'd love to have a room to myself after however many months of travelling but I didnt like it at all! Hehe!

The next morning was a very early start again as we had to make up for the time we had lost the day before. However, it wasn't too bad as we had a free cooked breakfast to look forward to in Invercargill as compensation for the bus having broken down! Then we went to Bluff to catch the ferry to Stewart Island! Im going to to a seperate entry for Steward Island though so it plots it on my little map! :o)

xxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb