Puzzling World


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
November 1st 2006
Published: November 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Puzzling World just outside Wanaka is a child's dream. Tehre is a two level maze where you have to find the yellow, green, red and blue towers, with yellow being the hardest - and it def is! Despite flying through the other three we quickly got lost, made endless circles and met constant cul de sacs before finding yellow and then of course our way out.

The cafe inside has on all various puzzles on all tables. These could keep you entertained for hours and I spent a long time trying to make circles with coloured lines on tiles! The Illusion room has all the made looking holograms, a room of faces whose eyes follow you everywhere you go. The Ames Room due to how it's constructed makes people look like giants and conversely dwarves depending on what side of the room they are standing! It also takes a video of the room with a couple of minutes delay to play outside - Irene and I were cracking ourselves up looking at ourselves in the room....easily amused!

Amusing too is the slanted room, where balls run UP slanted pool tables, water flows upwards and a chair brings you unaided up a hill thereby defying gravity, apparently! We had fun on the chair though!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Number OneNumber One
Number One

We found number one easily enough - mind you we didn't exactly go in the correct order so that may be the reason!
Number TwoNumber Two
Number Two

Again quite easy!
Number ThreeNumber Three
Number Three

Still going okay.
Number FourNumber Four
Number Four

At last....took forever, good on Irene!
Toilets!Toilets!
Toilets!

How romanesque!
The cafeThe cafe
The cafe

All the tables have puzzles for you to play with as you are waiting and eating!! How fun!


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb