Jet boat ride on the Matukituki river


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
February 23rd 2013
Published: February 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Have tried to do a few firsts whilst I have been travelling and today was my first jet boat ride. We're out for about three hours with Brent who was driving the boat and the trip also included a walk in the wilderness. There were only three of us on the afternoon trip which was great, myself and a couple from Australia. The boat travels up the river which is very low most of the time, the water was no more than about two to five inches deep. We whizzes up the river taking sharp turns and occasionally scraping the river bottom which is mostly pebbles. Did quite a few 360Degree turns which was great fun, we did get quite wet but it was a very hot day so it didn't really matter. GREAT FUN if a little expensive. Brent was very informative and told us that the rock flour or minerals is what gives the lakes and rivers its colour which is a beautiful blue. The only disadvantage was getting bitten on the walk but otherwise a great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



23rd February 2013

Would much rather have done this with you on our day together!!
28th February 2013

Being bitten
You didn't say what or who bit you!! Sounds like you're having a fabulous time.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb