The best cinema in the world!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post


Laura and I left the girls behind and headed onto Wanaka the next day. Wanaka is a really cute little holiday town that is a ski resort during the winter and a lakeside holiday destination in the summer. In true South Island style, it was raining! A new frind of ours cooked us a lovely dinner and then a group of us headed onto the local cinema. It was so cool, instead of uncomfortable cinema flip down chairs, there were actual sofas, bean bags and even a car so you could pretend you were at the drive in! We watched Apocolypto which was good but a little bloody! At the interval (yes they have an inteval and you can order meals to be ready for then) they had freshly bakes the most heavenly cookies in the world, of course we just had to sample them!

The next day was a day off the bus (mainly to get away from our irritating driver!) but it was a sunny one so we spent a good hour in the outdoor, 3-d maze in Puzzling World before testing out the shops and laying by the lake. Nice to be off the bus for a day!

Managed a quick detour to the cinema in the evening to get another cookie and then watched a great kiwi film, Whale Rider in our rooms (yes, a hostel with tv's in the room, how posh!).

Next stop, adventure capital of the world, QUEENSTOWN!!!

Advertisement



27th January 2007

Piccies
Any chance that we are ever goign to get any more piccies of you too on these excellent adventures?
1st February 2007

Great adventure
I don't get to check in as often as I would like, but I am glad to see that you are having a good time. Although that last pic you posted here looks like you two are turning into bright red crabs, but what is a trip like this for. Keep up the good times, and keep us informed.
21st May 2007

Wanaka
Wanaka is my favorite place in the world - so beautiful and serene :) gorgeous

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb