Minus 5


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Southland » Queenstown
October 28th 2006
Published: October 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Irene the stud!Irene the stud!Irene the stud!

even sexier...!
Arriving into Queenstown, you turn a corner coming out of Kingston and are hit by this view of mountains towering over a crystal clear glass lake. What completes the perfect picture is the omnipresent sheep grazing by the water's edge.

Queenstown is really beautiful, and quite quaint but some of it's charm has been stolen by the hordes of backpackers that fall out of the bars and up and down the streets. It has the most picturesque scenery and it is an adventure haven for thrill junkies so it is easy to see why people gravitate there.

We also got to stay in a campsite for the first time here so it was highly exciting, mind you the filling of the camper van with water, finding out our electricity didn't work and other tasks to be performed with a camper van were definitely not as exciting!

Minus 5 is a bar where everything is - Minus 5 - and so everything is made out of ice! We had the most fun there, sitting on all the different bits of furniture, posing with the ice man [who got broken by the last group of the night - how sad]. Drinking our cocktails , out of glasses made of ice and making sure to grip on with both hands having been warned beforehand not to use one or there would be spillage everywhere! We met Ciaran, Lisa and Tina in there and then decided to go for a drink in the Boiler Room, which wittly named is the bar next door and obviously run by the same people. Windows from the Boiler Room look in on Minus 5 and in fact people drinking in The Boiler Room were dying to get a photo of us in Minus 5.

We ended up staying in the Boiler Room for ages which was quickly overtaken by a huge group of Queensland madmen, who loved to strip naked and rock to certain songs, dress up as Cowboys, or want to dance with us. We were completely entertained by their antics for the night. Ended up at a burger joint, Fergburger, which apparently has the best burgers in New Zealand. And then tried to find our way back to our campsite in lashing rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 16; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb